The beginning of the year is always special and pregnant with possibilities. Every year has the potential to be your best year yet if approached correctly from the start. As we enter what I hope will be the single best year of your life and mine yet, I want to leave you with some tips on how we can make this year amazing.
Take advantage of your New Year motivation and take a moment to get in the proper mindset. Studies have shown that fewer than 20 percent of New Year’s resolutions are followed through, and then for only a limited time. But that moment of optimism is valuable, and you should take advantage of it. Set goals in this moment of optimism and follow through even when the spark is out.
- Reserve a seat for the critics and your own self-doubt in 2018. Go all out. Tell them, “I see you, I hear you, but I’m going to do this anyway.”
- Fears unfaced become your limitations. Therefore, don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, imperfect or misunderstood. Don’t be afraid of failure or trying new things.
- Release your need to be liked this New Year. You can’t be a visionary if you crave the applauses of people.
- Celebrate small victories, be grateful always. It takes a long time to achieve big goals.
- Remember that planting and harvest don’t happen in the same season
- Remember that critics are dreamers gone scared.
- Remember that every pioneer is first ridicule before they become respected
- Remember that the quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts. The day you change your mind is the day you change your life.
- Follow your dreams. They make life worth living.
- Small daily improvements are the key to staggering long-term results
- Read, read, read, read….Read great books. Personal development is key
- Do simple things like “smile at strangers, keep the promises you make to others – and to yourself”
- The project that most scares you is the project you need to do first.
- Take risk. The greatest risk is risk-free living and settling for average
- Surround yourself with great people. Seek and build relationships that will challenge, develop and transform you.
Thank you for making the time to read my posts. I work hard to make them valuable for you. So we get you to take ownership of your life – sooner versus later.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Follow me, Lets Get Social: