We live in a world where nothing is just handed to anyone. The only way to get what you want is to fight for it. Stand your ground and fight for your dreams, fight for your children, fight for the person you love, fight for your business, fight for the things that are important to you. Only you can fight for the life you’ve imagined for yourself. So, put massive amounts of energy into what you want. Do not let anyone hold you back or put you in a corner. Everything is going to be alright, eventually.
“If you didn’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost”
Fight for a worthy cause. There is nothing as disastrous as fighting the wrong battle. When you fight the wrong battle you lose even if you win.
Fighting for what you want might means embarrassing yourself, losing friends, or maybe hurting yourself in the process. But isn’t that the point of life? To live so dangerously and passionately that you forget you’re even going to die at all? You never truly know where the decisions you make will lead you. Hence the need to fight.
“When you stop fighting for what you want, what you don’t want automatically takes over”
- If you’re a parent desiring to raise great children, you need to fight everyday to instill in them good qualities that will carry them through the hurdles of life. Don’t give your children a childhood they’ll need to recover from. Prepare them for the road. “What you deposit in your children is of greater value and more important than what you deposit in their bank account” Be an ideal parent that portrays real authentic character. Children learn more by what they see not by what you tell them.
- If you’re an entrepreneur/hustler or start-up desiring to make it big in the world of business or desiring to build a conglomerate, you need to fight to make it happened. Fight the naysayers, fight the negative committee in your own head, fighting discourage, fight lack of resources, fight fear, etc. Be willing to put in the work, make the necessary sacrifices, attend business seminars, read the right books, improve on your business skills, develop yourself because your business can never grow more than you.
- If you’re an artist, a singer, a dancer, designer, etc you need to fight. You cannot sit back and still expect to win. Improve on your art daily, read books related to your topic of interest, watch videos in your industry, attend seminars, attend auditions to showcase your talents, practice regularly, beat your craft till you’re the best in the game. The good book says “A man’s gift shall make room for him and bring him before great men” Believe in your talent/gifts and belief in yourself.
- If you are a student desiring an “A” in specific subjects, you need to fight and work with “A” grade habits that will bring about your desires. Attend classes every day, seek extra lessons, put in the extra work. You cannot be like every other student yet expect to come out on top.
- If you are a dreamer, an innovator or a creative desiring big things in life, desiring to put your name out in the world, you need to fight. You need to grind harder. Rest if you most but don’t quit.
- If you’re in a loving relationship with someone you love and they love you back, fight to keep your bound. Fight to keep third parties out. Also fight for the person you love and they don’t love you back yet. This can be the hardest fight of them all. But it’s better to die in pursuit of real love than to live an empty, hollow existence, never giving yourself the real chance to experienced the real joys of love. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.” – Barbara De Angelis. Fight for good friendships, fight for friends that make you laugh. Life is not exciting enough without the gift of good friends. When things seems to be going horribly wrong, there’s always that one friend you can count on, lean on and cry on their shoulder. Fight for them.
- If you’re living under the shadow of someone, fight for your freedom. Only you can fight for the life you’ve imagined for yourself. Do not let anyone hold you back. “Do yourself a favor: Become your own savior.” Daniel Johnston. Freedom is your most basic right, refusing to fight for it is like dying before your heart stops beating. You are only as free as you fight to be.
- If you’re desiring a certain dream job/career, fight for it. It won’t just show up at your door steps. If you want to be one of the few people who actually enjoy going to work every day, you need to fight for that dream job. No dream job is ever handed to anyone – not even you. Wake up and fight. Update your CV, search for vacancies, send in your CV, and don’t stop sending till you get what you want.
Whatever your heart desires, whatever is noble, and whatever will give your life meaning. Fight for it. Life is a battle ground and you don’t stand still in the midst of war. Never let your life stagnate. Keep it interesting, moving and, most importantly, constantly changing. You must fight to keep your life different. Step out of your comfort zone. Associate and interact with those on the same mission as you. Never let the daily chaos or grind stop you from progressing. Fight to be inspired, motivated, surprising, unique and unpredictable.
“It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog” Mark Twain
By Nicky Verd
Thanks for making the time to read my posts. I work hard to make them valuable for you. So we get you to your best. Sooner versus later. The mind can be trained! You can change your life!
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. Challenge me, disagree with me, educate me, improve me or tell me I’m completely nuts :)))))
Subscribe to my blog and never miss a post!
I am Nicky Verd, a Prolific Writer and Transformational Speaker. I am passionate about inspiring you to take ownership of your life, to be in control, to discover your purpose and maximize your potential.
“You owe yourself everything you expect from others”