I DON”T like selling….
Business is NOT really my thing…
I am NOT an entrepreneur/hustler… etc…
These and much more are excuses some people give for not trying to make something of themselves in a difficult economy. But here’s the irony, if entrepreneurial abilities, advanced selling skills and creativity were listed as a necessary requirement in a “job advert”, the same people will rushed in their numbers to apply for it.
The truth of the matter is … anybody can train themselves to be whatever they want to be….but most people are just too terrified of standing on their own two feet. They’ll will rather play it safe in a job environment even when they are unfulfilled than take the leap into the unknown.
The million dollar question is if someone can work on a job they hate for 10 long years, a job they feel sick and obnoxious just thinking about it, a job they chant the infamous hashtags every week #ThankGodItsFriday and #IhateMondays, why can’t that same person go through temporary discomfort to create a business/career they love and build a better future for themselves?
Excuses Will Ruin Your Life
You could be the next Napoleon Hill or even better, but if excuses get in your way the world will never get to see it. You could be the next Nelson Mandela, Patrice Motsepe, Bill Gates or Aliko Dangote, but if you make excuses and dismiss your abilities, you’ll never succeed. You could be the most talented singer in the world, but If you let excuses stop you from expressing that, It’s game over. You could be the next best thing waiting to happen but making excuses will ruin life for you.
Why it is many people dreamof becoming better people but only few actually attain it? Why it is that many people dream of quitting their jobs and start their own businesses but only a few actually do it. Why is it that some people are more successful than others? The answer is the power of their dreams is stronger than their excuses. There is no reasonable escape for dreamers. No quiet hope for idealists. No true excusefor passion. Youhave no excuse once you believe in something greater than yourself.
“Excuses are tools of the incompetent, and those who specialize in them seldom go far.” Henry Wadsworth
You don’t like selling? Get over it! Everybody sells. From your CPA to your doctor, from you applying for a job to actually getting one, from your roofer to a student trying to get into Wits, everyone is selling.
What is Your Excuse?
Below are 17 more excuses people cough up to escape following their dreams, improving their circumstances or changing their life – they take the easy way out.
- Fear (No one is immune to fear. It is a regular fight for the strongest and the bravest)
- I don’t have the money (who has?)
- I don’t have contacts to start with (Really?)
- I’m not smart enough. (You just crowned yourself as stupid)
- I can’t talk (Are you dumb?)
- I don’t have the time (Yet you have the time to wake up by 5am and get dressed to be in traffic)
- I’m too busy (Doing what exactly?)
- It takes too long to build a business (but you envy Patrice Motsepe)
- It is risky. Building a business is too risky for me (Is eating not risky? Is sleeping not risky? People have died in their sleep)
- I don’t like dealing with people (Mr Island…I greet your Excellency)
- I’m too old (Age is never a barrier)
- Waiting for all the lights to turn GREEN (Lights turn GREEN when you press the button)
- My husband, my wife, my parents don’t support it (They don’t support you being broke either but you are)
- My job is too demanding and I travel a lot (Arik Wings of Africa)
- I’m not good at marketing (Yet you are too good at forwarding numerous WhatsApp posts)
- No, it’s network. I can’t do it. (But you spread gossip like wildfire but can’t spread a business that will better your life?)
- I’m not a professional (Who was born a professional?)
“People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, they make them” George Bernard Shaw
There is nothing more expensive than a closed mind. The mind is like a flower, it only functions when it is opened. Open your mind to the opportunities around you.
You are the captain of your ship, to sink or to sail is a choice you have to make! If you can learn and master the art of selling you will never go broke again.
By Nicky Verd
Thanks for making the time to read my posts. I work hard to make them valuable for you. So we get you to your best. Sooner versus later. The mind can be trained!
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Subscribe to my blog and never miss a post :)))))
Nicky Verd is a Prolific Writer and Transformational Speaker, she is passionate about inspiring you to take ownership of your life, discover your purpose and maximize your potential. “You owe yourself everything you expect from others”
Follow her on Social Media for more tips on how to take ownership of your life.
Follow me, Lets Get Social:
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)