In every corner of the world, there exist young men and women who have defied all odds and become successful, rewrote history, and placed themselves on the world map through their hard work, creative thinking, sheer persistence, personal development, dedication etc….but some Christian seem to believe fasting, praying, giving money to church and shouting “I receive” is all there is to success.
1. Noah built the ark by faith but, he used measurements. There is a place for rational thinking in our walk of faith. Not all decisions should be made with blind hope!
2. Sarah’s pregnancy was a miracle, but it took nine months just like any other. God’s plans do not negate the importance of process. Sometime you need to wait or work it out.
3. The stone that killed Goliath might have been anointed, but David’s skill was also involved. Developing skills does not mean you are not anointed. If you play a piano, play it to the fullest. Don’t take us through the agony of listening to your cacophony in the name of “singing to the Lord”. Skills are important. There is nothing rude with telling that sister “you can’t sing, find something else to do in the house of God”.
4. Esther received favor to become queen but she also bathed and prepared her appearance. Preparation is key to become fit for the occasion. Get knowledge, read books. empower yourself. Stop blaming auto-correct, check your spelling even here on social media. Prepare, because some of us expect nothing but the best from you!
5. The promised land was full of milk and honey, but they also had to plow, feed cattle, and take care of sheep. Miracles are communication tools that God uses to instill trust, faith and the knowledge of his nature. You need to work, don’t expect miracles in a specific area of life all the time. No one pays rent for a full year with miracle money. We need it, we want it, but God wants what is permanent.
6. God is the one who created human capacity to memorize things, yet he also told many prophets to write their message. Spirituality does not mean we should not use tools to package the message.
7. Ruth received favor to marry Boaz, but the coaching of Naomi was necessary. Human coaching is necessary, you need to submit and learn from someone. It will spare you from silly mistakes.
8. Moses could hear directly from God, but he was wearing himself out with work, it was the wisdom of his father in law that saved him from dying a premature death with exhaustion. It is wisdom to put on a seat belt, brush teeth, and adhere to medical advise. Being spiritual does not mean asking angels to cook food for you!
9. Namaan was a mighty soldier and a friend of Kings, but he acted as influenced by a Jewish maiden. Even important people are influenced by”insignificant”people. The key thing is proximity that generates influence.
By Nicky Verd
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Her purpose in life is to serve, empower and ignite human potential. She is passionate about inspiring you to Take Ownership of Your Life.
Follow her on Social Media because personal transformation doesn’t just happen. It takes daily wisdom, tips and a support system.
“You owe yourself everything you expect from others”
Follow me, Lets Get Social: